From Connie Bennett, Author, Sugar Shock! (Berkley Books), Beyond Sugar Shock (Hay House) and Crush Your Crazy Carb Cravings™ (upcoming)
As you know, subjects like sugar, obesity, sex, diets, soda, relationships, junk food and depression have evergreen appeal.
But, of course, you want fresh, upbeat, unique angles on these topics. That’s where I come in. Here are 10 ways I can help you:
- I’m your one-stop sugar-and-carb resource. I can make your job easier, make you look good, and create an audience-grabbing story.
- Because of my background as a journalist, I can think like a producer,
editor or reporter to help you develop “sexy,” provocative, engaging,
controversial angles. (For instance: What if that fight you had with your loved
one this morning had nothing to do with his or her being an insensitive
jerk but rather may have something to do with that huge bag of red
licorice and soda you polished off last night?)
- I can come up with clever takes on the news. In fact, I often share a new, timely, intriguing, serious or offbeat look at hot stories for my blog here. (I also offer provocative thoughts on my Huffington Post, Psychology Today or Heal Your Life blogs.)
- I can talk and write in easy-to-follow bullet points.
- I can entertain, educate and motivate your audience—and, for that matter, even my interviewer.
- I can take a unique, fun, humorous look at this serious subject. (I can even discuss the cupcake connection with your sweetie’s low libido!)
- I’m passionate, professional, and knowledgeable.
- I bring ample enthusiasm to the subject. (In short, I’m not a hum-drum sounding, yawn-producing, monotone-voiced scientist, nutritionist or doctor. Of course, I’m not saying they’re all like that, but you’ll find I’m a lot more bubbly, dynamic, and fun than most M.D.s or experts.)
- I’m well respected for my strong research, my ability to ferret out facts, and my way with words. That’s why many bestselling doctors, authors and celebrities such as Dr. Mehmet Oz, Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas, Dr. Christiane Northrup, film producer Harvey Weinstein, fitness guru Kathy Smith, actress/author Marilu Henner, Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Barbara DeAngelis, “nutritionist to the stars” Dr. Oz Garcia, addiction researchers, and even my former doctor (who helped me quit sugar) praised either my first book Sugar Shock or my latest book, Beyond Sugar Shock. See the Testimonials section.
- Your readers or viewers can readily relate to me: I’m a real person, who used to be a sad, frustrated, overwhelmed, hard-core sugar addict, who suffered from 44 mystifying, sugar-related symptoms. In fact, I now poke fun of myself as a “Sugar Shrew No More!” Instead, I’m now a a “Savvy Sugar Sleuth” and “Sweet Freedom Guide.”
Want to reach me? First try one of my personal assistants.
On a Tight Deadline? Need ideas, input, and experts NOW? Just email my assistant and me directly or post a comment on Facebook. And, of course, hit the contact us link to e-mail me right away.
I look forward to helping you create a great story.
Of course, you also can photos of me, artwork of book covers, suggested questions and a PDF of my most recent book sent to you promptly. We’re in the middle of updating my website so it’s not up yet.