Today, for Follow Friday, I want to introduce you to the marvelous, magnetic, mesmerizing Lynn Rose. I urge you to learn more about Lynn. Recently, I had the pleasure of spending an entire weekend watching Lynn in action emceeing the City Summit, founded by Ryan Long. Wow!!! All weekend at the City Summit — and […]
or and beloved teacher Dr. Wayne W. Dyer just gave me the most exciting, amazing gift!
The remarkable Dr. Dyer — author of many bestsellers, including his latest, Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting — has just endorsed my next book, Beyond Sugar Shock.
This endorsement means so much to me at this time. Although I’ve been a fan for years, lately, I’ve been relying and turning to his motivational works and books over and over again.
For instance, every morning now, I chant and listen religiously to his Meditations for Manifesting: Morning and Evening Meditations to Literally Create Your Heart’s Desire.
I’m also very eager to get his new I AM Wishes Fulfilled Meditation, that Dr. Dyer and James F. Twyman have created. I’m sure it will be miraculous.
So here the endorsement that Dr. Dyer so kindly gave:
“I have taken the advice and guidance that Connie offers here and used it to reclaim my own well being. We have unknowingly and unwittingly become a nation of addicts, and here in this book you are given a blueprint for living a life of perfect health. Follow the easy-to-apply guidelines, and then you will be able to look in the mirror and say, `I AM finally living a healthy life.’ There is no greater feeling and it is your birthright. You were not designed to walk around in shock. A much needed book. –Wayne Dyer”
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Dr. Dyer!
So watch these fascinating interviews with him.
And make sure to sign up for a chance to get Dr. Dyer’s new book, Wishes Fulfilled, and a copy of Anita Moorjani’s Dying To Be Me, offered by Hay House, his (and my) publisher.
Watch Dr. Wayne Dyer Wishes Fulfilled | Preview on PBS. See more from pbs.
Dr. Dyer is joining many other wonderful experts, who’ve generously provided endorsements, including Dr. Daniel Amen, Dr. Bernie Siegel, Brian Tracy, Dr. Joe Vitale, Marci Shimoff, Janet Bray Atwood, John Assaraf, and Brian Alman, Ph.D.
Nutrition gurus Dr. JJ Virgin, Dr. Oz Garcia, Dr. Jonny Bowden, Ann Cooper, Marc David, and Mark Sisson also said kind words about Beyond Sugar Shock, which offers you a fun, simple, compassionate six-week Mind-Body-Spirit adventure to easily and effortlessly release your sugar addiction.
In the book, I take you by the hand, so to speak, and coach you to Sugar Freedom so that by the time you finish the book, you’re now leading a life that’s sweeterlicious (that’s my word for delicious, combined with scrumptious, delicious, and of course, sweet).
Even fellow sugar experts have been kind enough to praise it–which gives me such profound joy.
I bow my head in gratitude to such amazing authors of sugar books or programs as Jeff O’Connell (to your left), Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, Richard J. Johnson, M.D., Jill Escher, and Kathie Dolgin (a.k.a. “High Voltage”), to whom I’m so grateful for writing endorsements for Beyond Sugar Shock.
It’s also been an honor to have several authors published byHay House (my publisher) offer endorsements.
A very special thanks go to Dr. Christiane Northrup (see photo to your left), Colette Baron-Reid, Dr. Ken Druck, Donna Gates,Lauren Mackler, and CarolineSutherland.
Read my recent Sugar Shock Blog post to read the nice things other empowering speakers and best selling authors have said about Beyond Sugar Shock.
For many of you, the holiday season is filled with anxiety, stress, financial worries, loneliness, family arguments, gift-giving concerns, many irritations (from flight delays to family squabbles) and many tasty temptations — mostly high-calorie and sugar-filled that you find hard to resist but that pack on the pounds, sap your energy and ruin your moods.
In fact, many people leave the holiday season feeling drained, deprived and 5 or more pounds heavier.
But I’m here to help you lose weight, get organized, become more organized, joyful, calm down, look younger, plan a vision for the future, attract abundance, and much more.
In other words, my goal is to bring you peace of mind, happiness, and super-simple cool tools to start using so you can have a Sweeter Holiday Season.
Therefore, it’s my pleasure to give you three special gifts.
All three gifts were the opening programs in last year’s much-acclaimed Sweeter Holiday Season, which featured a whopping 38 programs featuring a Who’s Who in the fields of health, wealth, fitness, personal empowerment, feng shui, organizing, happiness, Law of Attraction, and so much more.
So here are the gifts you’re getting now:
Your First Gift with Law of Attraction Guru John Assaraf
John_assaraf_150pxwidthFor your first gift, you’ll get inspired and educated by the remarkable John Assaraf, one of the stars of The Secret, founder of several multi-million dollar companies, a Spiritual Entrepreneur and New York Times bestselling author.
In our special program, John — who is also a Law of Attraction expert and certified life coach — will help you ll discover:
* What’s blocking you from abundance.
* How the super-successful John didn’t come from a family of scholars or multimillionaires, but somehow he managed to learn about quantum physics and neuroscience and build several 5 multimillion dollar companies and write a couple of New York Times bestselling books along the way.
How oceans and stars are not the last frontier for mankind but the human brain is.
Why some people achieve enormous business and financial success while others don’t.
How there is an inner game to wealth and success and an outer game.
Why it’s so hard for people to change.
What are the exact steps people can take to change from the inside out so that their results are 5,10 20 times better in the next 12-24 months.
How some people settle for less than what they can achieve and how you can easily break free from that pattern, achieve huge transformations; and become incredibly confident.
How to find out about John’s super-sophisticated, amazing brain training program (which I love).
Your Second Gift with America’s Relaxation Expert Darrrin Zeer
Darrin-zeerFor your second gift with Relaxation Expert Darrin Zeer, you’ll get some very simple, fast techniques to tame your stres.
For instance, you’ll discover:
* How to do what Darrin calls “The Bear Claw.”
* How to calm down with “The Ragdoll Pose.”
* What to do if you get headaches.
* How to do “Keyboard Calisthenics.:
* How to do something called “Email Meditation” (yes, meditation!)
* How to do the “Really Fun Laughter Exercise.”
Your Third Gift with the Renowned “FlyLady” Marla Cilley
Flylady_toonThen, your final gift — also from the Sweeter Holiday Summit — comes from the renowned “FlyLady” Marla Cilley, who will give you tools galore to help you get through the holidays. For instance, Marla will reveal:
* How to change your life in 15-minute increments.
* How to crisis-clean your home.
* What to do which days of the week so you don’t feel so overwhelmed.
* How to avoid last-minute, gift wrapping challenges.
* What to do before you go to holiday parties.
* How to put the fun in your cleaning and decluttering endeavors.
* How to give “action” gifts.
* How to go on a “cruise” this holiday season.
* And much more.
These three programs were all part of the Sweeter Holiday Summit, last year’s amazing program, during which You’ll also get one bonus gift on “How to Relieve Holiday Stress.”
In this program, with Love Hypnotist Debra Berndt, author of Let Love In, you’ll get easy ways to calm down quickly, no matter where you are.
To get your three exciting gifts (and the one bonus gift, go here:
How You Found Us
Make sure to tell me how you like your gifts and what A Hah moments you’ve had. Just talk to us on my Facebook fan page.
How do you begin each and every day?
What are the very first thoughts you think?
What ideas fill your head as you get out of bed, hop in the shower, make breakfast, and prepare for the day ahead?
Do you dread the projects and duties that lie ahead of you? Or do you approach your day with happy anticipation?
No matter what challenges you are facing — whether it’s sugar addiction, financial issues, or other family situations — If you begin your day joyously and gratefully, you’ll have a fabulous day — and life.
Lately, I’ve been giving quite a bit of thought to how I begin my day, thanks to the fabulous new book, You Can Create an Exceptional Life, from two of my heroines, Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson, both mega-best-selling authors, who’ve helped millions around the world. (Follow these amazing ladies on Facebook — just click the links I just gave.)
Both of these remarkable women are living proof that the spiritual principles they discuss in their new book really do work. As you read You Can Create an Exceptional Life, you’ll discover that you, too, can create an exceptional life, too.
In fact, I now follow their wonderful advice religiously, and I urge you to do that, too.
In You Can Create an Exceptional Life, which features the collective wisdom of Louise and Cheryl, you get many wonderful tidbits of advice on how lead a glorious life.
For instance, Louise suggests that you begin your day by looking at yourself lovingly in the mirror and telling yourself how much you love yourself and how awesome you are. Try it! You’ll find that this simple little tool works amazing wonders!
Also, see this wonderful YouTube video with Louise and Cheryl.
Anyhow, in this fabulous new book, You Can Create an Exceptional Life, you get many wonderful affirmations to use as you begin and go through your day. (There’s an amazing Collected Affirmations section in the back of the book, which you’ll love, I predict.)
By the way, another one of my absolute favorite CDs/books is, I Can Do It: How to Use Affirmations to Change Your Life, also from Louise Hay.
Since June — after getting quite exhausted, rundown, headachy, low on energy, and really burnt out (I developied electropollution from working long hours on my book, Beyond Sugar Shock) — I’ve been listening to I Can Do It or another Louise Hay CD every morning.
My daily Louise Hay booster shot helped to quickly bring back my natural energy, enthusiasm and joe de vivre. Wow! If you’re facing any kind of challenge, I urge you to check it out!
Let us know here what you think of both of these fabulous books, You Can Create an Exceptional Life and I Can Do It: How to Use Affirmations to Change Your Life.
Stay tuned for photos of me with Louise and Cheryl at Louise’s recent 85th birthday party.
So what new affirmations and thoughts are you having as you begin your day?
(Full Disclosure: My next book, Beyond Sugar Shock, is for Hay House, which is the same publisher for both You Can Create an Exceptional Life and I Can Do It: How to Use Affirmations to Change Your Life, but just because we’re in the same publishing family does not affect my thoughts about these books. Both of these books are amazing, and I’d be raving about them no matter what. Get them now to change your life, and tell us what you think!)
Help realize your dreams – read “The Power of Your Thoughts by John Assaraf and think about how to use this information to accomplish your particular goals.
Now that Gratitude Week has come to a close, I want to extend a very special thank you to the 21 gracious, articulate, amazing experts and bestselling authors, who made this week possible.
My deepest desire is that these empowering gurus will change your life.
For my part, I know that I’ve been dramatically transformed just from holding these shows and hearing the remarkable thoughts shared by our guests.
Indeed, I’m feeling much better after accidentally smashing head first while running into glass. (In fact, I’m thrilled that my headaches are subsiding — concussion begone!) Learn about the origins of Gratitude Week on Gab with the Gurus by reading the press release about the event.
Please note that in all 5 shows for Gratitude Week, different angles were covered. And every show was equally fascinating, inspiring and helpful. So I urge you to listen to each and every show.
During Gratitude Week, you received insights on:
* How a practice of gratitude can completely transform your life.
* How being grateful can take you away from your pain
* How gratitude can help you to become creative.
* How grateful people are more optimistic.
* How when you are thankful, your grouchiness takes a hike.
* For what celebrities such as Alicia Keys and Morgan Freeman are grateful.
* How being grateful can help to diminish your stress.
* How an attitude of gratitude helps you become spiritual.
* And much more
You also received:
* Many wonderful, practical pointers on how you can fit gratitude your daily routine.
* Tips on how you can slip gratitude exercises here and there to enhance your happiness.
My heartfelt thanks goes to the following people:
Gratitude Week, Day 5: On Goal Setting, Creativity & Moving through Pain
* Cami Walker, author of the New York Times bestseller, 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life and founder of www.29Gifts.org, a site that encourages people to sign up for a free 29-day giving challenges. Became more grateful after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis a month before getting married.
* Dr. Larry Iverson, clinical psychologist and author of Unleash Your Success. www.DrLarryIverson.com
* Rabbi Irwin Kula, author of the award-winning Yearnings: Embracing the Sacred Messiness of Life and recipient of the 2008 Walter Cronkite Faith and Freedom Award. (See Dr. Kula give great suggestions on “Oprah” here.)
Listen to Day 5 here: http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay5-GabWithGurus
Here were Day 4’s wonderful guests.
Gratitude Week, Day 4: On Optimism, Managing Stress, Getting in Balance & Being Spiritual
* Dr. Terry Paulson, a psychologist, professional speaker, columnist and author of the new book, The Optimism Advantage. www.optimismadvantage.com
* Howard Martin, author of The Heart Math Solution and founding member of www.HeartMath.com, which researches the heart-brain connection and develops science-based solutions to reduce stress and improve performance
* Mary Treacy O’Keefe, co-founder and president of Well Within in St. Paul, Minnesota. Uses gratitude for stress reduction and spiritual growth. www.WellWithin.org
* Nora Firestone, journalist and founder of www.ThankingOfYou.com, a Web-based forum for posting (and discovering) stories of gratitude to “recognize, affirm and honor” the people who’ve made a difference in your life.
* Amy Weintraub, author of Yoga for Depression, founder of the LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute, and a leader in the field of yoga and mental health. Amy’s evidence-based yoga protocol is featured on the award-winning DVD series LifeForce Yoga to Beat the Blues. www.yogafordepression.com.
Listen to Day 4 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay4-GabWithGurus
Gratitude Week, Day 3: On Celebrities, Gratitude Lists & Grouchiness
* Todd Aaron Jensen, an award-winning entertainment journalist, a Kundalini yoga instructor, youth baseball coach, father of six and author of the upcoming book, On Gratitude: 50 Celebrities on the Power of Giving Thanks (to be published Sept. 21, World Gratitude Day).
* Ciji Ware, a former KABC radio commentator, who has been keeping a “Gratitude List” for 2666 days (as of July 7). Jotting down 3 things a day for which she is grateful helped her turn her life around. Ciji is also author of the book, Rightsizing Your Life: Simplifying Your Surroundings While Keeping What Matters Most.
* Sally Marks, author of the ebook, Erase Negativity and Embrace the Magic Within. She contends that lack of gratitude is probably the number one cause of grouchiness.
* Sue Lundquist, author of “I’m Thankful” and owner of the I’m Thankful™ Network, which is syndicated syndicated across the country. www.ImThankful.com
Listen to Day 3 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay3-GabWithGurus
Gratitude Week, Day 2: On Optimism, Love, Empowerment & Getting “Enough”
* Dr. Stephen G. Post, director of the Center for Medical Humanities, Compassionate Care and Bioethics at Stony Brook University and author of Why Good Things Happen to Good People http://www.stephengpost.com
* Dr. Diana Kirschner, psychologist and author Love in 90 Days: The Essential Guide to Finding Your Own True Love. http://www.lovein90days.com
* Elizabeth “Lily” Hills, author of the new book, A Feminine Manifesta, which delves into how women have sabotaged themselves by being their own worst critics. It shares how the power of gratitude can transform your life, freeing you up to be the best of who you can be. www.AFeminineManifesta.com
* Sue Lundquist, author of I’m Thankful and owner of the I’m Thankful™ Network, which is syndicated syndicated across the country. www.ImThankful.com
* Erika Oliver, a Positive Approach Coach and author of Happy Crap: The Power of Positive Assumptions! www.erikaoliver.com
* Corinne Gregory, President and Founder of SocialSmarts, a nationally-recognized program for teaching kids and adults positive social skills, character and values, and author of It’s Not Who You Know, It’s How You Treat Them
Listen to Day 2 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay2-GabWithGurus
Gratitude Week, Day 1: On Happiness, Forgiveness, Coping & Resolving Food Issues
* Dr. Philip Watkins, psychology professor at Eastern Washington University in Cheney, Washington. Conducted research on how gratitude contributes to happiness, your ability to cope and be healthy.
* Dr. Philip Friedman, psychologist and director of the Foundation for Well-Being in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. Published three clinical research articles on gratitude and forgiveness as they relate to well-being and change over time using empirical measures (GQ6 and GRATS) www.ForgivenessSolution.com
* Dr. Sharon Livingston, a psychologist who helps people with emotional eating problems and uses gratitude as an essential piece of healing this problem. www.EmotionalEatingSecrets.com
* Robert Mack, positive psychology expert and author, Happiness From the Inside Out: The Art and Science of Fulfillment and a positive psychology expert. www.happinessfromtheinsideout.com
Listen to Day 1 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay1-GabWithGurus
Here are the links to all 5 shows:
Day 1 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay1-GabWithGurus
Day 2 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay2-GabWithGurus
Day 3 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay3-GabWithGurus
Day 4 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay4-GabWithGurus
Day 5 – http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay5-GabWithGurus
Please note that you can subscribe to Gab with the Gurus on iTunes.
Get more details by reading the following press release about Gratitude Week on Gab with the Gurus.
Stay tuned for another Gab with the Gurus Radio Show on Sept. 21 for World Gratitude Day and another show (date TBA) with a couple of gratitude researchers, who were unable to participate in Gratitude Week.
Also, here’s another recent Gab with the Gurus Radio Show about gratitude with Stephanie Gunning.
You can make your dreams come true in six weeks or less, insists Joyce Schwarz, author the bestselling book, The Vision Board: The Secret to an Extraordinary Life.
To help you make that happen, Joyce — a Hollywood career and new business strategist — is offering a six-week Virtual Vision Board Bootcamp. (It begins June 21, 2010 — the first day of summer — and continues for six weeks with weekly teleconferences and small group coaching.)
In this Virtual Vision Board Bootcamp, you will learn:
* Secrets and strategies to make your dreams come true
* Amazing tales about how one person found a piano for the kids to play for free, how someone started a nonprofit woodworking workshop without spending a dime, how another vision board success story gets free massages weekly
Plus, in this Virtual Vision Board Bootcamp, you get numerous bonuses, including:
* A downloadable Dream & Vision Survival Guide (99 pages)
* A downloadable 15-page list of 150 ways (and links) to find free music and pictures on the Internet legally. You’ll also learn how use these images to change your mind and your life.
* Free giveaways every day of the week — more than $20,000 in free gifts to winners of daily drawings (and you won’t get just ebooks)
* More than $5,000 in free coupons for discounts on vacations, courses, retreats, spas and more
* A never-before published 20-page guide to making your dreams come true with little or no cash
* Information about proven ways real people have received a piano for their kids to play for FREE, started nonprofit woodworking workshop without spending a dime, get free massages weekly and more
Virtual Vision Board Bootcamp inspiring speakers and experts will include:
* Marie Diamond, feng shui master, who appears in The Secret
* Lisa Osborne, Goddess of Destiny and Los Angeles radio news anchor and talk show host.
* Raleigh Pinsky, best-selling author of 101 Ways to Promote Yourself: Tricks Of The Trade For Taking Charge Of Your Own Success
* Yours truly (Connie Bennett, Sugar Shock!: How Sweets and Simple Carbs Can Derail Your Life–and How You Can Get Back on Track)
* Beth Greer, former president of the Learning Annex, bestselling author of Supernatural Home and eco-authority expert
* Marisa Petroro, actress (Showtime’s “Dexter”) and briefcase model on NBC’s “Deal or No Deal.”(She’ll share how she used a vision board to beat sarcoma and why she’s raising $1 million for her favorite charity.)
* Aras Baskauskas, NBC’s $1 million winner of the “Survivor” (he’ll share what he learned and what you need to know)and
* Jim Stovall, speaker and author of The Ultimate Gift blockbuster book and movie
Sign up now for this exciting program — http://tinyurl.com/VisionBoardBootcamp-Connie
Teleclasses will take place Mondays and bonus group coaching are on Wednesdays, both at 12 noon PST or 3pm EST. You can listen to audios on your computer or download them to play in your car heading for the beach or wherever and whenever you like.
Please note: I am an affiliate of this program, which means that if you get something, I will receive compensation, which will enable me to continue bringing you quality information and programs. I signed up as an affiliate because I believe in this exciting Virtual Vision Board Bootcamp and I urge you to join now to make your dreams come true.
While you’re waiting for this program to begin, here are three tips from Joyce to get you going if you don’t know what you want now.
1) Start with gratitude. (In Joyce’s book, she discusses a “GRABS” formula, which begins with Gratitude and then leads to sharing which starts the cycle of creation over and over.
2) Begin, she says, by making a list of 7 things for which you are grateful. Even if you’re caught up in some family crisis, just take 10 minutes, Joyce urges. “Believe me, it will only take 10 minutes — promise,” she says. And, she adds, “don’t overthink it — be grateful for all of the good things in your life.”ads to sharing which starts the cycle of creation over and over.
She adds that if you feel “nothing’s good right now, then be grateful that you’re alive, that you have your health, that you have food in the cupboard, that the sun came up this morning and will set tonight, that there is a moon in the sky, that you can write, that you have two hands, etc.”
3) Fill out your GRATEFUL LIST
1._______________ 2______________ 3______________ 4___________
5____________ 6_________________7 ____________________
“By being grateful, you’ll find that you’ll automatically switch over to a new state of mind — just like clicking a remote control,” Joyce says. “Once your state of gratitude, you can begin to RELEASE some of your past expectations and hurts or regrets for 2009 or before or for the first part of 2010. Be ready to RECEIVE immediately!”
This gratitude exercise, she says, gives them a new outlook that provides insight into opportunities for today and tomorrow. “You can latch on to your inner creative power IF you are true to yourself and let go of the past. Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. `Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside, awakes,'” Carl Jung wrote.
Sign up now for Joyce’s upcoming Virtual Vision Board Bootcamp — http://tinyurl.com/VisionBoardBootcamp-Connie
This afternoon, I had a fantastic, fascinating interview with the acclaimed Love Hypnotist Debra Berndt on my Gab with the Gurus Radio Show on Blog Talk Radio.
You’ll be intrigued, I predict, by this show with Debra, a certified hypnotherapist, who reveals information not only about finding love but also about the power of our subconsicious minds in creating our reality, from our excess weight to our sugar situation to our troubled relationships to our financial situation.
You can listen now below to my interview with Debra Berndt, author of the exciting new book, Let Love In: Open Your Heart & Mind to Attract Your Ideal Partner.