I just wrote this press release to spread the word about next week's exciting shows.
“Gratitude Week” on Gab with the Gurus Features Nationally Renowned Experts from July 19 to 23
Contact: Connie Bennett, (866) 542-5784
July 16, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE—Lately, gratitude has achieved recognition for its dramatic results on physical, mental and emotional well being, especially with the release of the movie, “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne, and such books as The Vision Board: The Secret to an Extraordinary Life by Joyce Schwarz.
In honor of the power of gratitude, from July 19 to 23, “Gratitude Week” will take place on the Gab with the Gurus Radio Show, which is hosted by life coach, health counselor, author and journalist Connie Bennett.
Every day of “Gratitude Week,” Bennett will interview bestselling authors, recognized researchers and gratitude practitioners, who will share various angles on the benefits of being thankful.
Although the shows air live at 2 pm Eastern, free podcasts are available almost immediately after the shows air. (You also can access the show on iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gab-gurus-with-connie-bennett/id290617732.)
During “Gratitude Week” on Gab with the Gurus – which airs on Blog Talk Radio — listeners will discover:
- Why gratitude is the ultimate anti-depressant.
- How easy it is to make gratitude a daily habit.
- How gratitude can reverse the obesity epidemic.
- How gratitude can help overcome addictions and food issues.
- What’s on the Gratitude Lists of Alicia Keys, Sheryl Crow, Dolly Parton, BB King, Kurt Vonnegut, Elmore Leonard, Morgan Freeman, Jeff Bridges, Francis Ford Coppola, Kristen Bell, Forest Whitaker, NBA great Steve Nash and Deepak Chopra.
- How gratitude can enhance happiness, optimism, self-empowerment and connectedness.
- How being grateful helps combat grouchiness, reduce stress and pain, trigger creativity, increase spirituality and resolve challenging situations by focusing on what’s working instead of what’s not.
- How love and relationships flourish where there’s gratitude and forgiveness.
- How to feel grateful even if you’re having a difficult day, month or year
- How gratitude helps people accomplish their goals.
- How gratitude affirms life’s purpose.
“Gratitude Week” was inspired by Bennett’s scary, head-on collision into a large piece of glass on July 4.
“I'm just grateful to be alive. My near-death incident made me realize how fortunate I am and how we all can benefit from learning more about the power of gratitude,” adds Bennett.
“My intention with these `Gratitude Week’ shows is to help listeners become happier, healthier and independent of their bad habits and addictions."
Gratitude Week experts include:
- Stephen G. Post, Ph.D., director of the Center for Medical Humanities, Compassionate Care and Bioethics at Stony Brook University and author of "Why Good Things Happen to Good People"
- Todd Aaron Jensen, author of the upcoming book, “On Gratitude: 50 Celebrities on the Power of Giving Thanks"
- Robert Mack, author, “Happiness From the Inside Out: The Art and Science of Fulfillment.”
- Dr. Diana Kirschner, psychologist and author “Love in 90 Days: The Essential Guide to Finding Your Own True Love.”
- Dr. Terry Paulson, psychologist and author of the new book, “The Optimism Advantage.”
- Dr. Philip Watkins, psychology professor at Eastern Washington University and former depression researcher.
- Dr. Philip Friedman, psychologist and director of the Foundation for Well-Being.
- Dr. Sharon Livingston, a psychologist who helps people with emotional eating problems.
- Dr. Larry Iverson, clinical psychologist and author of “Unleash Your Success.”
- Nora Firestone, founder of www.ThankingOfYou.com, a Web-based forum for posting and discovering stories of gratitude for people who've made a difference in the lives of others.
- Elizabeth “Lily” Hills, author of the new book, “A Feminine Manifesta."
- Howard Martin, author of “The Heart Math Solution” and founding member of www.HeartMath.com, which researches the heart-brain connection and develops science-based solutions to reduce stress and improve performance
- Sue Lundquist, author of “I’m Thankful” and owner of the I’m Thankful™ Network.
- Erika Oliver, author of “Happy Crap: The Power of Positive Assumptions!”
- Corinne Gregory, President and Founder of SocialSmarts, a nationally-recognized program for teaching kids and adults positive social skills, character and values.
- Ciji Ware, who has been keeping a "Gratitude List" for nearly 3,000 days. She is also author of the book, "Rightsizing Your Life: Simplifying Your Surroundings While Keeping What Matters Most."
- Sally Marks, author of the ebook, "Erase Negativity and Embrace the Magic Within."
- Dr. James Geiger, anesthesiologist and author of “The Sweet Smell of Success.”
- Mary Treacy O’Keefe, co-founder and president of Well Within in St. Paul, Minnesota, and author of “Thin Places: Where Faith is Affirmed and Hope Dwells.”
- Cami Walker, author of the New York Times bestseller, "29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life” and founder of www.29Gifts.org
- Rabbi Irwin Kula, author of the award-winning “Yearnings: Embracing the Sacred Messiness of Life”
- Amy Weintraub, author of Yoga for Depression, founder of the LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute www.yogafordepression.com.
Listen to “Gratitude Week” shows at http://www.GabWithTheGurus.com or subscribe on ITunes at ====== >>>>>> http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gab-gurus-with-connie-bennett/id290617732
Connie Bennett, a radio show host since 2007, is the author of SUGAR
SHOCK! (Berkley Books), which has received praise from Dr.
Mehmet Oz, Dr. Christiane Northrup and film producer Harvey Weinstein.
On her weekly Gab with the Gurus Radio Show, Connie Bennett
interviews bestselling authors, celebrities and experts in the fields of
health, wellness, self-help, social networking, Law of Attraction
relationships and films. Guests have included Montel Williams, Suzanne Somers, Lisa Rinna, Dr. Mehmet Oz and many others.
# # #
Special thanks to the charming Nora Firestone, founder of ThankingOfYou.com, for her kindness and generosity. During a day I've been beset by headaches and dizziness, she helped edit this press release. Not only that, but she even posted the press release on some sites. Wow! I'm so grateful.