Have you blown your diet recently?
Did you you blow your diet and quit eating only healthy foods, because you were set off in any number of ways? For instance:
- Did you endure a heartbreaking or stressful time such as the death of a loved one?
- Did you go through the painful breakup of your marriage or long-term relationship?
- Did you survive another painful scenario?
- Or were you simply tired, wired and tempted when you were out the Junk-Foods Jungle™, as I call it?
Those are only a few of the reasons you may have blown your diet.
In fact, you may have had one or more of 22 different reasons you blew your diet. So I’ve discovered while working on my next book, I blew my diet! Now what?
Whatever your reasons, you’re really disappointed in yourself.
“I blew my diet,” you inwardly groan or wail to your honey, colleagues or friends.
Of course, just about all of us—especially us females—totally get it.
That’s because every day, around the world, millions of people just like you are blowing their diets.
You’re overeating junk foods with refined white sugar, white flour, salt, unhealthy fats, and other sweeteners.
But shoving those unhealthy processed candies, chips, soft drinks, etc. into your mouth leads to disastrous consequences:
- First, you’re filled with guilt, remorse or self-loathing.
- You quickly pack on pounds.
- And then, over time, health hazards such as cancer, heart disease or type 2 diabetes hit you hard.
How do you stop your downward spiral?
Soon, it’ll be time to take back your power.
Right now, I’m hard at work to complete my next book, I blew my diet! Now what?
In it, I help you to Rebound After Relapse.
I’ll share more about the book later, but briefly let me tell you how this book came to be.
I blew my diet, too, after a year of helplessly watching my mother angrily lose the battle to cancer.
For months after my Mom died, I gorged on fatty, salty, nutrient-deprived movie popcorn and other fiber-stripped carbage (carb garbage). Somehow, I still steered clear of sugary snacks.
But then, within a few months, I packed on 21 pounds.
I’d become one of 160 million adult Americans or 2.1 billion people worldwide, who are overweight or obese.
I felt ashamed, humiliated, and really disappointed in myself.
Here’s why: I’m a recognized sugar and carb expert, and I hadn’t been walking my clean-carbs talk.
After all, I’m author of two bestselling books (Sugar Shock and Beyond Sugar Shock).
Not only that, but I’d guided thousands worldwide to Sweet Freedom™, and I’d eaten cleanly for a whopping 14 years.
Thankfully, I didn’t let myself wallow too long. My journalistic curiosity kicked in, and I became fascinated. I became determined to discover:
- Why had I blown my diet?
- Why do millions blow their diets?
- Do tough times make people ignore what they put into their mouths?
- Why do only 5 percent of dieters succeed when some 45 to 50 million Americans—or 70 percent of the population—go on a diet each year? (Or to put it another way, why do a whopping 47.5 million flop on their diets, and a pitiful 2.5 million people shed weight for good?)
For years, I’ve been resolutely seeking answers to the above intriguing questions and many more.
And now, I’m pleased to report, I’m now completing my next book, I blew my diet! Now what?
In this book, I’ll share FEPPP (Fast, Easy, Proven, Powerful, Portable) Tools™ to help you:
- Respect, Honor and Learn from Your Relapse™
- Start to Heal Your Heart™
- Calm Your Cortisol™ and
- Stop Carb Shock and Sugar Shock and Eat Wholesome Foods so you can Lose Weight for Good.
Stay tuned for updates. For now, my book beckons. Lots of work to do to complete it.
Please note that while on deadline, I won’t be posting every week as usual.
But if you sign up for my mailing list here, you’ll hear from me every Start-Again Monday.
In the meantime, rest assured.
If you think you’re doomed to “fail” on your diet, you’re wrong.
Soon it’ll be time for you to Turn on Your Hot Stuff Willpower Switch™.