Find out about how gluten and carbs from renowned neurologist David Perlmutter, M.D., author of the fabulous book, Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth About Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar — Your Brain’s Silent Killers, who appeared on my Gab with the Gurus Show.
Dr. Perlmutter — a board-certified neurologist and Fellow of the American College of Nutrition — has come to recognition for blowing the lid off a topic that’s been buried in medical literature for far too long — grains are destroying your brain.
On this Gab with the Gurus show — a listener favorite — you’ll discover how:
- You can choose not to become diabetic by cutting back on carbs and eating more fat.
- Wheat bread is higher on the Glycemic Index than a candy bar, pure sugar or white bread.
- Even whole grains are dangerous.
- You can grow new brain cells at any age.
- Even so-called healthy carbs such as whole grains can cause dementia, ADHD, anxiety, chronic headaches, and depression.
- Eating grains can make you gain weight.
- The more overweight you are, the more rapidly your brain will shrink.
- To recognize hidden sources of carbs.
- There’s a little-known connection between ADHD and grains.
- High blood sugar increases your risk for dementia, for which there’s no current medical fix.
- Fats are healthy and how diabetes soared three-fold when people began to cut out fat.
- Exercise can help your brain.
- Your brain thrives on fat and cholesterol.
- 10 percent of those with schizophrenia can be cured without drugs by going gluten-free.
- You can take control of your “smart genes” through smart dietary choices and lifestyle habits.
To tune into the show either live or later, go here.
Join the Conversation: What was your biggest Ahah?