Please note that the exciting first Sugar World Summit, was originally scheduled to begin today, two weeks before Halloween, has been delayed.
I'll announce a new date shortly.
So please rest assured, those of you who've written to me concerned that you've missed out on the many exciting programs, which will feature the biggest names in sugar education and addiction, relapse prevention, mindful eating, compassion, etc.
The Sugar World Summit is still happening. In fact, my team and I are deep into planning it.
A bit of history is in order.
Many months ago, I excitedly scheduled the first Sugar World Summit to begin today, exactly two weeks before Halloween, the biggest candy-eating day in the United States — a day I dub Halloween National Sugar Overload Day.
This Sugar World Summit was timed to coincide with my big comeback.
After three years, I'd finally recoveried from My Bittersweet Last Year with Mom, which had left me TAGGED (Traumatized, Abused, Gripped by Grief and Emotionally Devastated)..
Thankffully, I' was now emerging healed and slimmed down after I'd suffered a horribly humiliating and humbling Carb Relapse.
Now emerging triumphant, I was ready now to help millions.
As we got deep into planning the first Sugar World Summit, the biggest names in the field — most of whom I've known for years, since before the release of my first book, Sugar Shock in 2006 — agreed to come on board. Our goal was to reach 250,000 to 500,000 people worldwide.
But as I kept inviting more and more exciting speakers and reconnecting with health colleagues after three years, I learned about launches by other esteemed experts, all of whom I greatly admire and respect.
These are people I want to support. These are also people, who can help you. It became quickly obvious that the best thing to do was to get out of the way of my colleagues' launches.
In particular, after inviting my colleague, the acclaimed nutrition and fitness expert and bestselling author JJ Virgin, to participate in the Sugar World Summit, I discovered that she was launching a new book about sugar, JJ Virgin's Sugar Impact Diet, at about the same time.
That made me immediately rethink the time frame for the Sugar World Summit.
FYI, this is a big week for JJ Virgin. She is now giving away copies of her new book (until they run out).
JJ Virgin's Sugar Impact Diet is an important book, in which JJ takes an original, doable approach to cutting out sweets.
If you missed JJ's book giveaway — she ran out of books — then go ahead and get her free Sugar Impact Diet 2-Week Cookbook so you can make tasty, sugar-free recipes.
By the way, I'm greatly, greatly indebted to JJ. For about a decade, she's been supportive of me. Not only did she endorse both of my books, Sugar Shock and Beyond Sugar Shock, but she helped me get my Lyme disease quickly diagnosed years ago.
Back to the Sugar World Summit. Since I wanted to support JJ and other colleagues, it became evident that I needed to move back this important event.
But delaying the Sugar World Summit turns out to be just what this event most needs. Now, the Summit will be much bigger, better and more well organized.
(In fact, I'm very gratefufl to Jeff Walker, the launch guru, whose amazing Product Launch Formula Live conference, which I attended earlier this week, helped me discover many innovative ways to spread the word for the first Sugar World Summit.)
So now I invite you: Learn more about the first Sugar World Summit and the amazing colleagues, who will participate in it.
At present, we're honored to have received "yeses" from the following movers and shakers. Among those who've agreed to participate are:
- Dr. Robert Lustig, pediatric endocrinologist and New York Times bestselling author of Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity & Disease. His “Sugar: The Bitter Truth” lecture has had more than 4.6 million hits on YouTube. Photo shown above.
- Dr. Mark Hyman, chairman of the Institute for Functional Medicine, medical editor at the Huffington Post, on the Medical Advisory Board at "The Doctor Oz Show," and New York Times bestselling author of The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet..
- JJ Virgin, P.h.D., C.N.S., celebrity nutritionist, fitness expert, New York Times bestselling author and author of the new book, JJ Virgin's Sugar Impact Diet: Drop 7 Hidden Sugars, Lose Up To 10 Pounds, Just 2 Weeks
- Dr. David Perlmutter, "Empowering Neurologist," Linus Pauling award-winner and author of the # 1 New York Times bestselling Grain Brain.
- Sarah Wilson, acclaimed Australian blogger, TV personality, journalist, author of I Quit Sugar and founder of the popular I Quit Sugar Community
- Dr. Pamela Peeke, internationally recognized expert, physician, scientist and author of the New York Times bestselling author of The Hunger Fix: the 3 Stage Detox and Recovery Plan for Overeating and Food Addiction
- Jimmy Moore, popular low-carb blogger, co-author with Dr. Eric Westman of Cholesterol Clarity. He shed 180 pounds and peeled off 20 inches by quitting sugar and going low carb.
- Dr. Richard Johnson, a practicing physician, acclaimed clinical scientist and author of The Sugar Fix::What You Don’t Know about Fructose and HFCS Could Kill You.
- Serge H. Ahmed, Ph.D., CNRS Research Director, Principal Investigator & Team Leader, Addiction, Compulsion and Dopamine Dysregulation Syndrome, Université de Bordeaux. He's done fascinating research on addcition, sugar and cocaine.
- Dr Pedram Shojai, former Taoist monk, physician of Chinese medicine and founder of founder of the popular site, Well.org,
- Trudy Scott, nutritionist, food-mood expert and author of The Antianxiety Food Solution
- Kristin Neff, PhD., Associate Professor, Human Development and Culture, Educational Psychology Dept., University of Texas at Austin and author of Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself
- Roberta Ruggiero, founder of the Hypoglycemia Support Foundation and author of Do’s and Don’ts of Hypoglycemia. An Every Day Guide to Low Blood Sugar. (Because of Roberta, I'm here today helping others. More about her later.)
- Ann Louise Gittleman, Ph.D., CNS, leading nutritional expert and award-winning New York Times bestselling author, whose books include Zapped: Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn't be Your Alarm Clock and 1,268 Ways to Outsmart the Hazards of Electronic Pollution and Get the Sugar Out, Revised and Updated: 501 Simple Ways to Cut the Sugar Out of Any Diet
- High Voltage (Kathie Dolgin), author of the new book, Sugar Savvy Solution, and founder of Energy Up Voltage Approved, Inc. (EUVA), a nonprofit organization to fight teenage obesity and to prevent type 2 diabetes and other diseases, particularly among teenage girls.
- Alexandra Jamieson, a mom and health coach, who helps women listen to their true cravings for pleasure to achieve the body and life they desire and author of the upcoming book, Women, Food and Desire;
- "The Sleep Doctor" Michael Breus, Ph.D.
- Naturopathic physician Dr. Alan Christianson;
- And more… Stay tuned for more names.
Sign up now for this exciting Sugar World Summit.
Stay tuned to get the full and not-so-sweet scoop on how those those tempting sugary "treats" and quickie-carb snacks can damage you bigtime. Our experts will tell you how shoveling sugar and fast carbs into your poor body can make you gain weight and widen your waistline, get frustrating mood swings, find it tough to concentrate, mess up your precious brain, lose interest in sex, develop heart disease, cancer and type 2 diabetes, and even die at an early age.
Now, I urge you to begin to get educated by reading some books about sugar by some of my super-healthy, brilliant colleauges. For example, I invite you to check out Fat Chance by Dr. Robert Lustig; and the new books, Sugar Savvy Solution by High Voltage, and JJ Virgin's Sugar Impact Diet.
Perhaps you're wondering: "Why would I want to quit or cut back on sugar? It tastes so good!"
Here are some reasons to ditch the sweet stuff and fast-acting carbs. You can:
- Easily shed your dreaded excess weight.
- Fit into your skinny clothes;
- Leave behind your depression and get filled up with good cheer, passion and enthusiasm.
- Get enough energy to keep up with your kids or perform well on the job..
- Tame Your Crazy Cravings™ (as I call them) for sugary, salty or fatty unreal foods.
- Banish your annoying brain fog and concentrate with a razor-sharp focus.
- Rev up your libido so you'll be thrilled with your time alone in the bedroom with your beloved.
- Ditch those awful, debilitating, tough-to-handle female ailments (either PMS or menopause, depending on your time of life.)
- And much more.
About Sugar Shock Blog Founder: Connie Bennett, CHHC, CPC, ACC is a former pooped-out, fuzzy-headed, sugar-addicted journalist and "Ex Sugar Shrew," whose 44 baffling ailments completely vanished after kicking sugar and quickie carbs on doctor's orders in 1998. Now, 16 years later, Connie is the acclaimed, energetic, charismatic Sweet Freedom Guide, a transformational speaker, sugar and carb expert, blogger, certified health coach, certified life coach, EFT practitioner, Gab with the Gurus host, and bestselling autho of Beyond Sugar Shock, which was endorsed by many health and empowerment luminaries such as Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, Dr. Daniel Amen, JJ Virgin. Connie's first book, Sugar Shock. which was published in 2006, was praised by such acclaimed gurus as Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Christiane Northrup. Now, Connie is planning the first Sugar World Summit, which will feature the biggest names in sugar and carb addiction, recovery, mindful eating, compassion, weight loss, etc. Connie is also finishing her next book, The Bounce Back Diet™: 22 Easy Ways to Rebound After Relapse; Ditch Sugar, Fat or Salt, and Shed Weight for Good. (Working title.) The Bounce-Back Diet — which was inspired by Connie's embarrassing Carb Relapse after her mother's traumatic terminal illness and death — can help millions worldwide to slim down and tone up although they're walloped by Crazy Cravings™ and overpowering emotions following the death of a loved one, a divorce or breakup, moving or another life-changing loss. Make sure to sign up at the Sugar World Summit site to find out about the new dates and speakers.