People often ask me, "If I’m not going to eat sugar, what can I eat?" Clients also want to know, "What are some super-healthy foods?"
Jonny told Parker-Pope about the virtues of the following foods:
- Swiss Chard
- Pomegranate Juice
- Dried Plums
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Frozen Blueberries
- Canned Pumpkin
Well, truth be told, six of the following 11 foods are now lying in wait in my fridge or kitchen cabinet for me to consume. I steer clear of pomegranate juice and also dried plums — too high in sugar content for me, but you may be able to tolerate them. So here’s what I have:
- Cabbage — just bought a nice head of one tonight at Whole Foods
- Swiss Chard — I’m happy to say that lots of chard is now in my home, thanks to my CSA — that’s a community supported agriculture — which just gave them out
- Cinnamon — one of my favorite spices; I always keep it in stock
- Pumpkin Seeds — just bought a small package yesterday and I still have some left over
- 5. Turmeric — another spice I often use because I’ve heard much about its virtues
- 6. Frozen Blueberries — received some today from Vital Choice, my favorite place to buy mercury-free seafood and frozen blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
Guess I did OK, eh? What about you? What’s in your home?
Gerry Pugliese contributed to this blog entry.