Many former classmates and fellow graduates of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition are doing some very exciting things, and I’m on many of their mailing lists. Today, I received some wonderful tips, courtesy of Tonja H. Ward of Ward Wellness. I just had to share these "Less is More…" tips with you.
‘Tis the Season Where Less is More and More is Less!!
Here are 10 easy tips to make More of your holiday season with Less and find ways to do Less with More!
Less is more:
1. Less is More when it comes to holiday food. Don’t let your eyes get bigger than your stomach.
2. Starting out with Less food for your first helping leaves More room to take seconds without overeating.
3. Less shopping and More kind acts of service will increase your joy and the beneficiaries’ joy as well.
4. Less sitting at the table and More dancing will keep you physically active.
5. Drink Less Eggnog, wine and spirits and More sparkling water so you can toast to your health.
More is less
1. More free time is an opportunity to rest for Less stress.
2. More holiday food is an opportunity for Less cooking by
utilizing and re-inventing leftovers as new meals (e.g. soups, gumbo,
salads, wraps, casseroles, pasta dishes, etc.)
3. More preparation and planning snacks and meals while you are on the go means Less bingeing when you drop after you shop.
4. More fellowshipping at parties means Less room for loneliness and isolation.
5. More gratitude and contentment means Less disappointment and dissatisfaction with the Holiday.
Enjoy Less & More and make it FIT into your holiday season!!
Aren’t these some helpful words of advice?