Today begins Gratitude Week
on Gab with the Gurus. For the next five days, you can listen to five different shows featuring some 20 gurus telling you about the different benefits you receive from having a thankful state of mind.
instance, during Gratitude Week's five shows on Gab with the Gurus — which you can listen to live at 2 pm Eastern or later, at your convenience — you'll discover:
– Why gratitude is the ultimate
– How easy it is to make gratitude a
– How gratitude can reverse the obesity epidemic.
– How gratitude can help you overcome addictions and food issues.
– What items are on the Gratitude Lists of such celebrities as Alicia Keys, Sheryl Crow, Dolly
Parton, BB King, Kurt Vonnegut, Elmore Leonard, Morgan Freeman, Jeff
Bridges, Francis Ford Coppola, Kristen Bell, Forest Whitaker, NBA great
Steve Nash and Deepak Chopra.
- – How gratitude can enhance your happiness, optimism, self-empowerment and
– How being grateful helps combat grouchiness, reduce stress and pain,
trigger creativity, increase spirituality and resolve challenging
situations by focusing on what’s working instead of what’s not.
– How love and relationships flourish where there’s gratitude and
– How to feel grateful even if you’re having a difficult day, month or
– How to use gratitude to accomplish your goals.
– How gratitude can affirm your life’s purpose.
Gratitude Week was inspired by
scary July 4 head-on collision into glass. After my frightening
experience, I'm overcome with a profound feeling of thankfulness that I'm alive and that I scraped by with only headaches, dizziness and minor cognitive confusion, which my doctor dubbed post-concussive
syndrome (post concussion syndrome. I'm also grateful that my nasty bump on the head has inspired me and given me great ideas while I'm writing my next book, the follow-up to Sugar Shock, which will be published by Hay House.
Here is the full schedule for Gratitude Week below.
Monday, July 19: Gratitude
Week: On Happiness, Forgiveness, Coping & Resolving Food Issues
- Dr. Philip Watkins, psychology professor at Eastern
Washington University in Cheney, Washington. Conducted research on how
gratitude contributes to happiness, your ability to cope and be
- Dr. Philip Friedman, psychologist and director of the
Foundation for Well-Being in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. Published
three clinical research articles on gratitude and forgiveness as they
relate to well-being and change over time using empirical measures (GQ6
and GRATS) www.ForgivenessSolution.com
- Dr. Sharon Livingston, a psychologist who helps people with
emotional eating problems and uses gratitude as an essential piece of
healing this problem. www.EmotionalEatingSecrets.com
- Robert Mack, positive psychology expert and author,
“Happiness From the Inside Out: The Art and Science of Fulfillment” and a
positive psychology expert. www.happinessfromtheinsideout.com
Listen to Day 1 here: http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay1-GabWithGurus
Tuesday, July 20: Gratitude Week: On Optimism, Love, Empowerment
& Getting "Enough"
- Dr. Stephen G. Post, director of the Center for Medical
Humanities, Compassionate Care and Bioethics at Stony Brook University
and author of Why Good Things Happen to Good People
- Dr. Diana Kirschner, psychologist and author Love in 90
Days: The Essential Guide to Finding Your Own True Love.
- Elizabeth “Lily” Hills, author of the new book, “A Feminine
Manifesta,” which delves into how women have sabotaged themselves by
being their own worst critics. It shares how the power of gratitude can
transform your life, freeing you up to be the best of who you can be.
- Sue Lundquist, author of “I’m Thankful” and owner of the I’m
Thankful™ Network, which is syndicated syndicated across the country.
- Erika Oliver, a Positive Approach Coach and author of “Three Good
Things: Happiness Every Day, No Matter What!” and “Happy Crap: The Power
of Positive Assumptions!”
- Corinne Gregory, President and Founder of SocialSmarts, a
nationally-recognized program for teaching kids and adults positive
social skills, character and values.
Listen to Day
2 here: http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay2-GabWithGurus
Wed., July 21: Gratitude Week: On Celebrities, Gratitude Lists
- Todd Aaron Jensen, an award-winning entertainment journalist,
a Kundalini yoga instructor, youth baseball coach, father of six and
author of the upcoming book, On Gratitude: 50 Celebrities on the Power
of Giving Thanks (to be published Sept. 21, World Gratitude Day).
- Ciji Ware, a former KABC radio commentator, who has been
keeping a "Gratitude List" for 2666 days (as of July 7). Jotting down 3
things a day for which she is grateful helped her turn her life around.
Ciji is also author of the book, Rightsizing Your Life: Simplifying
Your Surroundings While Keeping What Matters Most.
- Sally Marks, author of the ebook, Erase Negativity and
Embrace the Magic Within. She contends that lack of gratitude is
probably the number one cause of grouchiness.
- Nora Firestone, journalist and founder of
www.ThankingOfYou.com, a Web-based forum for posting (and discovering)
stories of gratitude to "recognize, affirm and honor" the people who've
made a difference in your life.
Listen to Day
3 here: http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay3-GabWithGurus
Thursday, July 22: Gratitude Week: On Optimism, Managing Stress,
Getting in Balance & Being Spiritual
- Dr. Terry Paulson, a psychologist, professional speaker,
columnist and author of the new book, “The Optimism Advantage.”
- Howard Martin, author of The Heart Math Solution and
of www.HeartMath.com, which researches the heart-brain connection and
develops science-based solutions to reduce stress and improve
- Dr. James Geiger, anesthesiologist, wellness expert and
author of The Sweet Smell of Success. www.OilMD.com
- Mary Treacy O’Keefe, co-founder and president of Well Within
in St. Paul, Minnesota. Uses gratitude for stress reduction and
spiritual growth. www.WellWithin.org
- Amy Weintraub, author of Yoga for Depression, founder of the LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute, and a leader in the field of yoga and mental health. Amy’s evidence-based yoga protocol is featured on the award-winning DVD series LifeForce Yoga to Beat the Blues. www.yogafordepression.com.
Listen to Day 4 here: http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay4-GabWithGurus
Friday, July 23: Gratitude Week: On Goal Setting, Creativity &
Moving through Pain
- Cami Walker, author of the New York Times bestseller, 29
Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life and founder of
www.29Gifts.org, a site that encourages people to sign up for a free
29-day giving challenges. Became more grateful after being diagnosed
with multiple sclerosis a month before getting married.
- Dr. Larry Iverson, clinical psychologist and author of Unleash Your Success. www.DrLarryIverson.com
- Rabbi Irwin Kula, author of the award-winning Yearnings:
Embracing the Sacred Messiness of Life and recipient of the 2008 Walter
Cronkite Faith and Freedom Award.
Listen to Day 5 here: http://tinyurl.com/GratitudeWeekDay5-GabWithGurus
Here are the direct URLs for
all five shows:
Please note that you can subscribe to Gab
with the Gurus on iTunes.
Get more details by reading the
release about Gratitude Week on Gab with the Gurus.
Special thanks to raynal.wordpress.com or the photo on this post.