People often ask me if I recommend the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) when they learn that I attended this largest nutrition […]
Now that it’s a new year, are you wondering how how to stick to your new year’s resolutions? I’m here to help you.
In particular, I’d like to serve you if you’re seeking to shed excess weight, to create smart habits and set aside such health-harming habits as over-consuming sugar, coffee or diet soda, as well as procrastinating, smoking, being habitually late, obsessively checking emails or nail biting.
First off, know that you CAN Break Free of Your Bad Habits (what I call “Babits™”) for good.
Wondering why you would want to do that? Well, take the case of sugar. Indeed, as I recounted in my book SUGAR SHOCK!, just after quitting sugar and refined carbs on doctor’s orders in 1998, ALL 44 of my ailments, from crushing fatigue to brain fog, completely disappeared! I was amazed!
You, too, can learn that licking sweets (pun intended) and other health-robbing substances, as well as unproductive habits, can help you to:
* Shed excess weight,
* Get consistent energy,
* Boost your moods,
* Calm you down,
* Become more spiritual and centered,
* Increase your passion and productivity,
* Reduce your risk of getting type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer or hypoglycemia,
* Manage these conditions, if you have them,
* Rev up your libido,
* Reduce your PMS symptoms,
* And so much more!
In short, removing sugar and other negative patterns can help you get a Life That Rocks!™, you leave room for positive activities to fill their place. Here are 10 smart steps, which can help you break free of your babits™ (bad habits) and allow you to replace them with smart habits.
1. Congratulate Yourself. To begin your journey to health and wellness, I invite you to pat yourself on the back. You may wonder why you would want to do that, especially if you’ve spent years abusing your body. You want to applaud yourself, because the mere fact that you’re beginning to look at your sugar addiction or other bad habit is big! The first step to break away from sweets, refined carbs and other babits™ is to NOT beat up on yourself. Granted, you may have gobbled or guzzled high-calorie nutrient-poor sugary foods and drinks over the years, but now is a time to be gentle with yourself, to treat yourself with compassion and to take pride that you’re taking the much-needed first step to treat your body with love and care. Go ahead: Lavish some praise and kudos on yourself now that you’re finally confronting the bad habit that’s been plaguing you—perhaps for years. Share your excitement in your journal or in a heart-to-heart conversation with a loved one. Then imagine that you’re at the starting line of a race like a runner athlete and that you’re ready to make a massive positive shift. Please also remember to acknowledge and celebrate your every little accomplishment. For example, when you make it through a meal without sugary foods, diet soda or caffeine—or if you at least consume less of them—take pride and applaud yourself. After all, each time you make healthier choices, you get closer to more energy, a trimmer body and a better life.
2. Move With Your Mind & Mantra. Before you begin to try to kick your sugar addiction or another babit™, it’s time to embark on Seven Smart Starter Habits (through Step #8) to cement your confidence that good health, inner calm and new patterns await you. That’s because whenever you seek to remove an old habit and replace it with a new one, your work begins before you even try to make changes. In other words, before you begin to “diet” or make important lifestyle changes, you want to convince your mind that you CAN succeed. Begin each day knowing in the depth of your being that you’ve already licked your unhealthy habit. To get both your subconscious and conscious mind to accept that you’ve succeeded—or are on the path to succeeding—create an easy-to-repeat phrase, affirmation or mantra such as “I, [Your Name], choose only nourishing foods and drinks, which keep me slim, toned and healthy.” Repeat your positive statement at least 30 times a day. Make sure to say it in the morning, right after you wake up, and in the evening, before you go to sleep. Repeating it about 10 to 20 times before meals also can help. Back in 1998, when I finally kicked sugar, repeating my mantra enabled me to succeed. Now, my clients find this technique effective, too.
I bring you exciting news.
Starting soon, you can get inspired and educated by some of the biggest names in health in wellness all in the comfort of your own home or in the flesh.
You can be motivated and instructed by spiritual guru Deepak Chopra; wellness advocate Dr. Andrew Weil; raw food expert David Wolfe; Dr. Arthur Agatson, the founder of the renowned South Beach Diet; Dr. Joseph Mercola (of Mercola.com); and many other Movers & Shakers in in the fields of health, wellness and nutrition.
Plus, you can have lunch with me in New York — MY treat.
Over lunch, you can quiz me over lunch about sugar, artificial sweeteners, your procrastination situation or whatever else is on your mind.
Plus, I’ll even throw in a complimentary laser coaching session.
Wouldn’t it be cool to hang out with some of the biggest Movers and Shakers in the field of health and wellness?
Dr. andrew weil. ny And wouldn’t it be fun to have lunch with me and to ask me all your pressing questions about sugar and sugar addiction and whatever else is on your mind?
How can you hang out with all of us?
It’s easy. just sign up for the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN).
I’m writing today, because my friends at IIN, the world’s largest nutrition school, are offering my friends and fans a special holiday gift.
If you register now for the coming year, you’ll not only get inspired by such gurus as Deepak Chopra, Andrew Weil and David Wolfe, but you can get a special tuition scholarship for $500.
Being in the presence of ALL of these wellness Movers & Shakers is exhilarating. Andy, David, Joe and many more will move you to change your life! (OK, I confess, I didn’t actually hang out with them in a private room. But I got to be in their magnificent presence, and it was thrilling to be in the same space with these remarkable Movers & Shakers!)
You, too, can enjoy the company and information from those AMAZING wellness gurus. They can become YOUR personal guides, too, when you register for the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) the IIN curriculum world’s largest nutrition school.
While attending this amazing place, Deepak, Andy, David, IIN founder/executive director Joshua Rosenthal (a man with a vision) and the other incredible speakers can help you learn about good nutrition.
Not only that, but my friends at IIN can help you to look at food in a whole new light.
They also can help you to learn how you can be “reborn” just by choosing the right foods for you that nourish your body and soul.
Have you heard yet that the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) — which is dedicated to helping everyone attain "optimal health" […]
Do you work out regularly or are you one of those who neglects to move your wonderful body even though you know that it’s good for you?
Well, the weekend is almost here, and a group of us are starting a fan new exercise event, which you can do wherever you live.
It’s almost time for the first ever Sneaker Saturday!
What’s that, you’re probably wondering.
Sneaker Saturday — which I encourage you to promote on your blogs, on Twitter and Facebook using this #SneakerSaturday — is about whatever you want it to be.
It’s your choice as to how you celebrate Sneaker Saturday. The only recommendation is that you slip on a pair of your favorite sneakers and get out and exercise. Your body needs physical activity, and if you’ve been a couch potato all week, it will will be grateful to get out and about!
So what do you plan to do on Sneaker Saturday? Share what you’ll do. That’s what this is about — for us to inspire, excite and encourage each other to get out there.
For me, Sneaker Saturday will mean hopping on my bike (wearing my New Balance Sneakers — love those shoes!) — and riding down to the Statue of Liberty, weather permitting.
On Sneaker Saturday, I’ll also probably pop by the gym to do some weights and working out on the elliptical machine. I’m excited, because I’ve been sick for over a week and finally have my energy back.
How did Sneaker Saturday come about?
Well, earlier this week, after attending day one of this amazing 140 Characters Conference, the idea hit me while having dinner with a bunch of amazing people, including Renowned blogger and social media expert Robert Scoble, #140conf organizer Jeff Purcell, “Adventure Girl” Stephanie Michaels, PR whiz Candice Best, comedian Heather Gold, Ari Rabban of Phone.com and other hip tweeters.
That night (Saturday), I rushed home to reserve the domain, www.SneakerSaturday.com and www.SneakerSaturdays.com (site to come), and by Sunday, I became even more excited.
So will you join me in spreading the word and in helping to evolve this fun fitness event, which you can do anywhere around the world?
Just share what you’re planning for Sneaker Saturday. Or talk about what it means to you.
Please help me to make this a fun, worldwide 52-week phenomenon.
Thousands of you often write to me to ask questions and seek tips on how to kick sugar or resolve other health issues and counter-productive habits, etc. Unfortunately, I can’t personally reply to all of you — just don’t have the time — but you can find me all over the internet.
Below you’ll find a list of places where you can find me, as well as get information, tips, articles, links and much more:
* The White-Out Diet (my next book): Spread the word about this book, which can help you Peel off Pounds, Boost Energy & Rev Up Your Libido by Breaking Free of White Foods. (That’s the subtitle.)
* The new Facebook fan page. Friend me at this page, where you’ll get links to interesting articles, etc. that I don’t have time to post here and updates about my radio show, etc. (This is separate from my regular Facebook friends page. I’m urging people to join the new page, because the old one won’t let me invite all friends with one click to upcoming radio shows other events. Thankfully, the fan page will.)
* Follow me on Twitter for short, snappy 140-character updates. Again, you’ll get tidbits that you can’t find on my Sugar Shock Blog.
* Stop Stress with Dr. Jill Baron.
* Private Coaching. Learn about the Sweet Friends Coaching Package and the Unlimited, Star-Treatment Coaching Package.
* Book a speaking engagement or media interview or buy bulk copies of SUGAR SHOCK!
* Listen to
* Get Free Stuff at the Sugar Shock website.
* Catch the Gab With the Gurus Radio Show on Blog Talk Radio, where you get inspired, motivated and educated every Tuesday at 3 p.m. EST by guests such as Marilu Henner, Suzanne Somers, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Montel Williams, Lisa Nichols of “The Secret”, blogger Robert Scoble, Twitter author Joel Comm, raw food expert David Wolfe, HARO (Help a Reporter) founder Peter Shankman and many more. Listen live or later.
* Get free podcasts of the Gab With the Gurus Radio Show so you can listen to the show at your convenience.
Now that a new year is here, do you want to lose weight and get toned?
Would you like to triumph over your cravings for sugar, coffee and artificial sweeteners?
Do you need some simple ways to beat stress?
Do you yearn for more meaning, sweetness and abundance in your life?
Would you like more energy?
Do you want to get more organized, focused and in control?
In other words, would you like to thrive—not just survive—in 2009?
If you answered “YES” to any one of these questions, you’ll want to join us in the groundbreaking, 11-week “Thrive (Don’t Just Survive) in 2009” teleseminar/webinar program, which begins tonight (Wednesday, January 7 at 5:30 p.m. Eastern).
Learn more now at http://www.thrivedontsurvive.com