Wow, it’s my blogiversary. For 15 years now — ever since 2005, two years before publication of my first book, Sugar Shock — I’ve been dedicated to educating and entertaining readers of my blog with eye-opening, helpful tips, insights and info.
Join me in a trip down memory lane. Here’s the very first Sugar Shock blog post in early June 2005.
Over the years, I’ve written about a wide variety of health topics, including sugar addiction, health trends and tidbits and more recently (as in the past two years) about cravings. In fact, every week I post tips, information or insights to Crush Your Cravings or motivate you. (That’s why I call them either Cravings-Crushing Monday or Your Motivating Monday.
Here are some of my Craving-Crushing Monday posts:
- My Big Confession about My Carb Relapse.
- Delay, Distract & Detach to Crush Your Cravings
- Crush Your Cravings for Sugary, Salty, Fatty Junk Foods
- What is Cravings-Crushing Monday?
- Eating Popcorn is Like Overdosing on Sugar?
- The Power of Food Advertising‘
- Did You Overeat Recently? The Power of Compassion
- Are You Like a Sugar-Craving Rat?
- Popcorn is Not a Dieter’s Best Friend
- Want Sweet? Grab Sour
- Are You Overdosing on Hidden Sugars?
- The Power of a Puzzle to Crush Your Cravings
- Your Cravings Are Winning: 2016 Reader Survey
Another recent addition to this blog is a new section of Shareable Images and Cartoons. You can get a new shareable image every Thursday.
Now, here are some other popular posts.
Help to Shop
Other Health Related
Weight Loss Assistance
- 7 Ways to Ditch Liquid Sugar
- CLS May Reduce Stubborn Fat Around the Middle
- How Not to Pig Out on Thanksgiving;
Musings and Commentary
- 7 Tips to Squash Your Sugar Cravings this Holiday Season
- 5 Ways to Indulge Over the Holidays Without Gaining Weight
- ‘Tis the Season to be Stressed: 7 tips to Relieve Holiday Stress
- Relieve Holiday Stress: Holiday Gift to You from Debra Berndt and Me (Audio Program)
- 5 Tips to Soften Halloween Sugar Shock
The Sour Scoop About Sugar
- Sugar at “Safe” Levels Can be Deadly;
- 7 Reasons to Stay Away from Agave
- High Fructose corn Syrup: Some Scary Facts to Consider Before You Gulp Down Soda & Other Foods (with 3-minute video)
- 146 Reasons Why Sugar is Ruining Your Health (Guest column from Nancy Appleton)
- Reformed Sugar Addict Alec Baldwin Interviews Dr. Robert Lustig;
The Fallacy of Diet Foods
Tips to Let Go of Sugar or Peel off the Pounds
- Delay Away Your Sugar Cravings (Creatively Procrastinate)
- 7 Tips to Help You Squash Your Sugar Addiction
- Slipped? Destroyed Your Diet? 7 Tips to Get Back on Track
Humorous Takes on the News
Woo-Hoo, Feel-Good Tunes
Listen to Guests on My Gab with the Gurus Shows
- Lose Weight with Best-Selling Author & Spiritual Activitist Marianne Williamson (she spoke about her then-new book, A Course in Weight Loss; she wasn’t running for Congress yet;
- Anita Moorjani: On Cancer, Near Death & Treasuring Our Magnificence
Other Health Posts
- Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar): Do You Have It?
- Hyperactivity and Mental Woes Linked to Soda Consumption
- Take Charge of Your Stress & Sleep: Two Keys to Live Life Well
- Salt: The Forgotten Killer: — The AMA & CSPI Urge Crackdown On the White Powder, But What About The-More-Dangerous Substance, Sugar?
- Are You Among the 85 % of People With Low Self-Esteem? It Can Lead to Weight Gain & More
- My Sweet, But Stringent Standards & Disclosures