Smart savvy people, we need your help!
We have to find a new free online home for our free Stop Sugar Shock support group and social network. Please give us your ideas.
Here’s the history in brief.
Since 2002, I’ve been offering free support to sugar addicts, hypoglycemics and diabetics.
Initially, we began at Yahoo in KickSugar, where for years, in a warm, inspiring climate, Assistant Moderators and I gave members encouragement, nurturing and motivating words. All the while, the group grew from a handful of members to over 2,000 members.
For my part, KickSugar was a huge focus of mine, and I spent hours to answer questions (often doing research to get answers), hired nutrition experts to answer questions, give guidance, etc. In addition, members gave each other vital support and kindness.
You’re invited to still join Yahoo in KickSugar, because you’ll get lots of helpful emails upon becoming a member. But discussions are no longer held there.
In 2007, after my first book Sugar Shock! came out and much of my time was devoted to giving radio and TV interviews, writing many articles, helping readers, developing programs and more, I turned KickSugar into an announcement site because I just didn’t have time to run it as an discussion group. It then spawned an offshoot group, StopSugarAddiction, with my blessing and help.
Soon after I turned KickSugar into a support group, it began to get plagued by non-related spam, which made running the group a real challenge.
Recently, I moved KickSugar to two places.
First, my friend and sugar-addiction expert/colleague James Hahn II renamed KickSugar to Stop Sugar Shock and moved the group over to Ning to get more functionality. (We’re still seeking people to help us run it.)
In addition, I formed the Smart Habits Fans on Facebook. Please join us there, where you can get daily Smart Habits Tips.
While we had been planning to stay put at Ning, on Tuesday, Ning announced that that all free services are being phased out.
I hope you can understand my resistance to paying again for a service to help people for free.
I always want to offer FREE services to those who cannot afford my private or group coaching or Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction in 6 Weeks Program. By the way, you can get lots of FREE STUFF over at my SugarShock.com website.
Although Ning offers low monthly prices, it’s the principle of the thing. I do not want to pay to give help for free.
So I need your help. Where can we move Stop Sugar Shock? What site has all kinds of functionalities so we can post videos and photos, have a conversational thread. Please check out Stop Sugar Shock over at Ning andSmart Habits Fans at Facebook.
Then please give us your ideas. Also, once we find a place, we’d like some volunteers to help us run it.
Please help me to continue to help people for free at a place that’s free.
Thank you very much for your assistance.
Smart savvy people, we need your help!
You’re invited to join the new, robust, interactive Stop SUGAR SHOCK! community over at Ning.com
At your new Stop SUGAR SHOCK! community, you will have a chance:
* To share recipes
* To encourage each other
* To meet and befriend each other. (You’ll even get to post photos and create profiles.)
* To follow whichever topics most appeal to you
* To start your own discussions
* To ask questions
* To share what you’ve done successfully when sugar cravings strike
* To talk about why and when you turn to sugar
* To discuss when you turn to sugar.
* To tell your sugar-free success story — or read inspiring tales from other people.
* To learn about the dangers of sugar.
* To start your own discussion topics.
* To learn what to eat to live a vibrant, healthy life
* To share tips and tactics with each other
* To learn about hypoglycemia and type 2 diabetes
* To watch cool vidoes
* And much more
This Stop SUGAR SHOCK! group had its origins in November 2002, when I first founded KickSugar over at Yahoo. Now, the group is being moved over to Ning, which gives you more opportunity to interact with each other.
This new Stop SUGAR SHOCK! social networking community is being co-founded by myself with James Hahn, II, a fellow ex-sugar addict and life coach.
Hurry up and join us now at Stop SUGAR SHOCK! and start sharing your thoughts, ideas, etc.
Tell your friends, too about this cool new community.
Help us build a strong, vibrant community.
Thousands of you often write to me to ask questions and seek tips on how to kick sugar or resolve other health issues and counter-productive habits, etc. Unfortunately, I can’t personally reply to all of you — just don’t have the time — but you can find me all over the internet.
Below you’ll find a list of places where you can find me, as well as get information, tips, articles, links and much more:
* The White-Out Diet (my next book): Spread the word about this book, which can help you Peel off Pounds, Boost Energy & Rev Up Your Libido by Breaking Free of White Foods. (That’s the subtitle.)
* The new Facebook fan page. Friend me at this page, where you’ll get links to interesting articles, etc. that I don’t have time to post here and updates about my radio show, etc. (This is separate from my regular Facebook friends page. I’m urging people to join the new page, because the old one won’t let me invite all friends with one click to upcoming radio shows other events. Thankfully, the fan page will.)
* Follow me on Twitter for short, snappy 140-character updates. Again, you’ll get tidbits that you can’t find on my Sugar Shock Blog.
* Stop Stress with Dr. Jill Baron.
* Private Coaching. Learn about the Sweet Friends Coaching Package and the Unlimited, Star-Treatment Coaching Package.
* Book a speaking engagement or media interview or buy bulk copies of SUGAR SHOCK!
* Listen to
* Get Free Stuff at the Sugar Shock website.
* Catch the Gab With the Gurus Radio Show on Blog Talk Radio, where you get inspired, motivated and educated every Tuesday at 3 p.m. EST by guests such as Marilu Henner, Suzanne Somers, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Montel Williams, Lisa Nichols of “The Secret”, blogger Robert Scoble, Twitter author Joel Comm, raw food expert David Wolfe, HARO (Help a Reporter) founder Peter Shankman and many more. Listen live or later.
* Get free podcasts of the Gab With the Gurus Radio Show so you can listen to the show at your convenience.
Are you like Oprah — tired of lugging around excess weight?
Do you feel that you have no control over your sugar or carb habit?
Are sugary foods your “drug of choice”?
Would you like to get more energy, focus better, rev up your libido, get along better with loved ones and get a hot, trim body?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you’ll want to join the First Annual Great Worldwide Sugar-Out Challenge, which takes place Jan. 16.
Many of us experts are here to help you begin to lick your sugar habit.
We’re here to give you the support, compassion, information and education that you need and deserve.
My co-organizer Dr. Scott Olson and I invite you to take our challenge by submitting your comment here.
Spend time on Jan. 16 to look at your sugar issues, learn about the dangers of sugar overloading (which people around the world are doing) and cut it out totally on that one day.
Wondering what could happen if you kick sugar? Read these amazing success stories now.
So sign up here now.
Make sure to tell us about your sugar history, what a lot of sweets do to you and what you envision for the future if being sugar-free was a reality.
What are you waiting for? Join us now.
And spread the word. We want to get a huge viral campaign going.
After you sign up, mark your calendar.
Our festivities begin Jan. 16 at 12 p.m. Eastern on my Gab With the Gurus Radio Show for the Great Worldwide Sugar-Out Challenge,.where we’ll be joined by some of the biggest health and sugar experts in the country. (You can listen live or later, at your convenience, to a podcast.)
For instance, we’ll be joined by Dr. Ann Louise Gittleman, author of Get the Sugar Out; Elizabeth Abbott, author of Sugar: A Bittersweet History; Dr. Eric Westman, director of Duke Lifestyle Medicine Clinic; (?), Dr. Hyla Cass, integrative psychiatrist and author of 8 Weeks to Vibrant Health and Natural Highs; MeMe Roth, founder and president of the National Action Against Obesity; Dr. Nancy Appleton, author of Lick the Sugar Habit; Dr. Woody Merrell, author of Unleash Your Natural Energy; Dr. Fred Pescatore, author of The Hamptons Diet; Amy Kalafa, co-founder of “Two Angry Moms,” which is dedicated to cleaning up the school food environment; Susan Linn (?), director of Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood; Dr. Yvonne Sanders Butler, principal of Browns Mill Elementary School in Lithonia, Georgia; the first sugar-free school in the country; Roberta Ruggiero, founder of the Hypoglycemia Support Foundation;; Dr. Larry McCleary, author of The Brain Trust Program; Dr. Roberta Lee, vice chair of the Department of Integrative Medicine at Beth Israel’s Center for Health and Healing in New York City; the “Nutrition Twins” Tammy Lakatos Shames and Elysse (“Lyssie”) Lakatos, authors of Fire Up Your Metabolism; and integrative medicine practitioner Steven J. Bock, M.D.
In addition, several happy, successful “Sugar Kickers” will participate, including popular low-carb blogger Jimmy Moore, who lost 180 pounds, mostly by cutting out sugar and refined or starchy carbs, and Amanda Lerner, who shed 25 pounds and got more energy, clearer skin, increased focus, creativity and a profound feeling of freedom. In addition, her cravings, depression, eczema, candida and fainting spells disappeared.
Then from 12 noon Friday to 11:59 Saturday, we’ll conduct a supportfest on Twitter. If you don’t have an account yet, just sign up at Twitter and then start following @TwitAsYouQuit.
Frustrated right now? Want support this minute? Get going now by becoming a member of my free online Kicksugar discussion group.
Remember, if you have sugar issues, this Sugar Shock Blog is your place to get news updates, information about upcoming programs and much more.
Sign up now for the Great Worldwide Sugar-Out Challenge.