Wow! The smartest people are on my mailing list. Yesterday, I sent out my weekly email to the thousands on my list to announce that henceforth, I’ll be calling the first day of the week Start-Again Monday™ instead of Cravings-Crushing Monday.
Before telling you why I’ve renamed it that, I decided to ask my those people why they thought I was renaming the day, Start-Again Monday.
Of course, I was opening myself up to a deluge of emails! Anyhow, since I received so many emails, I’m choosing some of the most clever responses I received.
So to fill you in on this, my question was, Why do you think I’m renaming that first day of the week Start-Again Monday?
Here are the best replies:
- Lorene said: “It is because Monday is a new day to start from where you were and got lost, to getting back on track.”
- Enid wrote: “Because we all think we can just Start Over on Monday.”
- Jan was also dead-on correct: “Compensate for weekend failure.”
- John’s reply was so true that it cracked me up: “Because of relapse Sunday?”
- Kim realized: “I think it’s because of straying from the diet and workout later in the week, so we say, `I’ll start over on Monday and stick with it this time.’ That’s been my experience many times, anyway.”
- Traci replied: “To provide everyone with a reset – to keep trying & never give up. To instill hope and encouragement.”
- And K identified a lot: “Can totally relate! We start the week being careful about not having sugar and other good food habits, and by the time the weekend is over, we’ve blown it, so we start again on `start again Monday.'”
I couldn’t have summed up these reasons any better.